Friday, December 18, 2009

Just as I thought

Well, the results were just as I thought they would be. They went from 11.2 to 11.9. So basically nothing. The little Speck tried to stick, but just couldn't keep going. I have to go back on Monday for another blood draw to make sure the levels come down. To look on the bright side I don't have to do anymore shots and I get to take the sticky patches off...

While we are very disappointed we aren't giving up, we are just waiting. As much as this hurts, I am relieved to have an answer. Not the answer I was hoping for, but an answer none the less. I am also excited, excited to not have to be cautious when lifting the kids. Excited to get to drink Coke again! Excited about my new focus of getting my routine and schedule and house back in order. I know I will continue to have my sad days. I know that with every birth of each friend's baby I will have that longing and feel the tug in my heart. I also know that God will take care of me. For whatever reason, it is not our time, and as hard it is to think about...it may never happen. But, I do know that God will bless us richly as long as we continue to call on Him.

3 comments:

  1. Leah, I know today must have been such a punch in the stomach. I am so proud of your attitude and ability to know that there are still so many blessings that need your attention and focus right now. God WILL provide exactly what you need if you are looking to him for answers. Tim is such an amazing support as well. I am thankful the two of you can lean on one another. I am always here for you on those tough days and thinking of you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry! I can't imagine the disappointment you are facing, but your faith and strength are inspiring and I know God will see you through! Lots of love and prayers!

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Leah, I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I have no clue why you're having to go through this, but I pray that good comes from it! You are so strong, and you have an awesome support in Tim, and I know the two of you will get through this and come out even stronger. Praying for you two.

    ReplyDelete