Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How many days until Oct. 5?

That's my countdown!  I had my post op appointment today with Dr. Putman.  He showed me the pictures he took at the surgery last week.  There was tissue left over from the pregnancy so he removed that, but there were also some other things I think he called lesions...I don't know...  The IUD will come out on October 5.  Once I start a period I will begin with the birth control pill again.  While this is discouraging to me that it will probably be Thanksgiving before we can transfer the embryos, I know that he wants me to be as healthy as possible.  We also talked with him a little bit about the genetics results.  He had us go ahead and do the bloodwork to see if either one of us are carriers.  I am excited and nervous all at the same time.  I am praying that nothing is found in our test.  I pray that this was just a random anomale and not something that could happen again.  So, we decided to postpone our meeting with the genetic counselor until we get the results from todays test.  If we are carriers we will reschedule, but if not we feel there is no need to meet with a counselor as the chances of it happening again are fairly low.
While I am excited to know we are on our way to getting things going again, I also struggle sometimes hour by hour with fear.  What if these embryos don't survive the thawing process?  That is my latest fear.  To get through most of the process only to be stopped.  Then we have to decide...will we try another cycle...somehow find another $15,000?   It's overwhelming and something I just can't think about right now!
 I'm not going to worry!  God is working it out.  He knows what we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment