Monday, August 3, 2009

Facing the Giants


I just love this movie! The first time I saw it I think I cried through the whole thing. It's such a great story with a wonderful message. My sister and I talked about this movie just the other night. I think we relate to this movie because of our struggles with infertility. She reminded me of a quote from the movie. "Will you still love Him even he doesn't give us children?" Ouch, that's a hard question to ask. In the movie the wife of the football coach gets yet another negative pregnancy test. She walks to the car and tells God she still loves him. Now, that's the movie. In my personal experience, that doesn't come immediately. As I told my sister the other night, I know I will still love Him, but I'm not ready to face that question. I'm not ready to come to terms with the fact that our family may remain a family of 4. I have hope! I have hope that God will add to our family.

At the end of the movie, after they have won the state championship, the coach asks what is impossible with God. NOTHING! He can do whatever He wants. The coach says "God chooses to work in our lives because He loves us." I know that God is going to do great things in my life. I know that He will continue to bless my family.

Watching this movie again has helped me trust. Trust that God will do great things in my life even when right now things seem to be falling apart. It has helped me change my attitude to look for the blessings and not dwell on the heartache. At least for this moment.

Just thought I would share this. If you haven't seen this movie, you need to see it!

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog on Kelly's prayer blog and just wanted to tell you I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete