Monday, August 17, 2009

Peace

I'm finally feeling some peace in all of this. While the time schedule for starting another cycle is not what I want, I do feel peace about it. I know that God is in control. I don't get the tightness in my chest as often as I did. The crying isn't coming as often. I can talk about Ethan and my feelings without just losing it.
On another note: My grandmother was moved to a nursing home today. She has Alzheimer's disease and has been living with my parents since May. My grandad died at the beginning of July. This has been extremly stressful for my parents. I have been praying for some time for some peace for mom and dad and that the decisions they have to make would not be too hard to make. Granny had a stroke on Wednesday. This was an answer to my prayers. Mom didn't have to be the one to decide it was time to put her in the home. She just had to decide which one. I am praying for my mom today, I know it is really hard on her to see her mom this way. I am also praying that mom will find some peace now. She has been so stressed taking care of everything she hasn't really had time to grieve and accept all that has been going on.
I think I can without a doubt say this is the WORST summer I have ever had. BUT, I know that things will work out and the sun will shine in our lives again! I'm just praying for sooner than later!
Here's a scripture I found inspiring today:
2 Corinthians 9:8 (The Message)
8-11God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you're ready for anything and everything, more than just ready to do what needs to be done. As one psalmist puts it, He throws caution to the winds, giving to the needy in reckless abandon. His right-living, right-giving ways never run out, never wear out.This most generous God who gives seed to the farmer that becomes bread for your meals is more than extravagant with you. He gives you something you can then give away, which grows into full-formed lives, robust in God, wealthy in every way, so that you can be generous in every way, producing with us great praise to God.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are finding some comfort as time passes. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete