Thursday, July 30, 2009

Light in the tunnel...

Our appointment yesterday was good. Since the last time we were there the office has stopped giving validation for parking. See, we used to be able to pull up to the valet and let them park our car and then get a pass for free parking...not anymore. So, we had to pay to park...or so we thought. Some good friends told us about a parking lot across that street that was cheaper than the valet. We took their advice and parked there and parked for FREE! It's the little things in life that are so exciting. I guess when we are faced with more medical bills than we expected, free parking is such a blessing!

Anyway...so the appt. was supposed to be at 4:30. At 5:00 we began to wonder if Dr. Putman was even there. It seems our luck to always have to wait on him. I think it was around 5:10 that we finally got see him. He was super nice and told us he could recommend some couselors. He said our embryos won't age so we could take our time and let him know when we were ready. We all know my answer to that...NOW! So, while he may be a little shocked, we have a plan. I go back in two weeks. He will do a sonogram, check everything out and we will get started. I do have to say I was disappointed to hear the wait. But, I have to say two weeks is better than two months. I have waited a lot longer...it took almost three years to get to this point so we could even start the IVF stuff. So, in the grand scheme of things two weeks is not that bad! I still was just hoping for "okay, here's your calendar of what to do, here's your meds let's get started."
The best part of the appt...there was NO CHARGE! Usually when we go see Dr. Putman we don't leave without spending almost $100. Today was free! Again it's the little things.

Thank you God, for again giving me hope! Hope for the future. Hope for my dream of more children. Thank you for allowing things to work out. Help to continue to look to you and to listen for your plans. Help to never forget this time and the impact that Ethan had on our lives and the lives of others. Help me to live so that you will be glorified, even in the storms of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment