Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! I am trying to be happy today, but I can't help but think about Ethan. He should be here. I know that I would not have carried him this long. I would be 38 weeks this week and with my history...I'm sure I would be holding my sweet little boy today. So, it's bittersweet for me today. I am trying to be thankful for the blessing of Ethan as short as his life was and not let the grief get the best of me. Each day presents it's own challenges and reminders of what we have lost.

Above all I am so thankful for my family and friends who have supported us through this time in our lives. It has been difficult but I know there are better times ahead for us. I have realized how much I take for granted. I am striving to be a better mom, a better wife and a better friend. Because you just don't know when it will be the last time you see someone.

I am also thankful for the yummy food that is Thanksgiving! I have been cooking a lot yesterday and today. The house smells so good! I can't wait to sit and enjoy it all!

May God bless you and your family! I am looking forward to the blessings God has in store for our family.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner! I just wanted to you know your family is in my prayers!!!

    Love, Hugs and Prayers--
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete